Friday, May 11, 2012

C'est fini

So France have elected a new president and I must admit to being pleased with their choice. And as always astounded by the participation rate in both rounds of the election - at over 80% for a non-compulsory vote it puts the rates in the UK and especially the US to shame.
I was almost as pleased by the interest my girls took in the process. I couldn't fault C's logic when she said that Hollande should win because Sarkozy had already had five years and it was time for someone else to have a turn. I am not sorry to see him go - he was a mile wide and an inch deep, and I lost any respect for him over his egregious nepotism .
So good luck to M. Hollande and here's hoping his election marks a turning point for the better in France in particular and Europe as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment